FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR TELEHEALTH TECHNOLOGY
1. If I place an order, how long will it take to receive the equipment?
Once your order and payment are received, your shipment will be processed within 24-48 hours and usually shipped via Fedex Express 2-day delivery, so you should be able to order and receive your stethoscope products within a maximum of 3-5 business days. If you need it sooner than that, we can arrange FedEx overnight delivery for an additional charge.
2. Do I need to be technically oriented to use the camera?
Not at all. You simply plug the camera into a USB port on your computer and then select the camera as the main camera in your video conference program settings. Once you are through with the Firefly DE605, you can switch back to the camera being used for the video conference without breaking the call.
3. Can the camera be used with my video conference software without having to shut it down or break the connections?
Yes, the camera is plug-and-play, so you can just plug it in and select it in your video conference settings.
4. Do I have to have a plug-in light source to use with the Firefly DE605?
No, LED lighting is built into the camera and is powered when plugged into the USB port. If you have adequate ambient light and do not wish to use the LED lighting, you can simply turn the light off with the light button on the camera.
5. Can this be used in home health and remote monitoring programs?
This is one of the fastest growing use areas for the telemedicine cameras as hospitals and healthcare providers push care into the home, SNFs and assisted living facilities to reduce readmissions in the post-discharge settings.
6. Does the camera have a still shot feature or recording function?
The camera provides live video, still shot capture and recorded video clip functions. Information for downloading the software is included in the shipping package with each camera.
7. What about HIPAA concerns?
HIPAA guidelines are fully met from the technology side. All data transmitted is done so using the encryption scheme of the video conference platform and no data is ever transmitted, stored or accessed on the device itself or vendor servers. Accordingly, patient data is as secure as the telemedicine video platform being used and can only be recorded/stored by the physician using the system, who in the end, is responsible for the patient’s medical data set.
8. What is the cost of the Firefly DE605 and do you provide a warranty?
Pricing for the Firefly DE605 is $549. The camera is warranted by the manufacturer for one year from date of purchase should it fail during normal use. In that case you would be shipped a replacement upon return of the defective unit.
9. I’m not sure exactly what I need as we are just starting our telemedicine program. Is there someone who can advise me on what I need for my use case and answer my questions before I purchase?
Absolutely, this is something we do very frequently. Just call our office number 281-340-2013 and one of our sales engineers will get back with you to provide the assistance you need.
10. Do you provide free trial evaluations for the USB ExamCam™ so we can see how it will work in our program?
We don’t offer trial evaluations since the product is plug and play and is backed by a full replacement warranty in the event a defective unit is received. If you want to assess the image quality of the camera, we will be happy to arrange an online demonstration where you will be able to see how the camera works and the video quality. Just give us a call at 281-340-2013 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
11. I am conducting telemedicine programs outside the United States and would like to add a General Examination Camera to my program. Are your cameras available for sale outside of the US?
We sell and ship primarily to customers in the United States, Canada and United Kingdom. Shipment to other countries is considered on a case-by-case basis after review of import/export regulations for the specific country. Shipping charges will vary depending upon shipping location. Please contact us with any specific requests. Click for Contact Form
12. What is the best approach for integrating telemedicine into an EHR?
Many organizations struggle to integrate telemedicine into an EHR. For a sensible approach, review this whitepaper about Integrating Telemedicine into EHRs for more information.